Trainee Bulk AnalystLocation: North WestWarrington | Position: Trainee Bulk Analyst
ROLE: Trainee Bulk Analyst
REGION: North West (Warrington)
SALARY: £15,600, increasing to £17,000 upon completion of P401 qualification
BENEFITS: We offer highly competitive industry salaries and excellent benefits.
QUALIFICATION / EXPERIENCE:
Our client is a well established asbestos management company with a nationwide presence delivering professional advice on a wide range of asbestos disciplines to a large portfolio of clients.
We are currently looking for a Trainee Asbestos Bulk Analyst to help join our Lab team in our UKAS accredited lab based in Warrington. The role will require the successful completion of a 3 month training plan, which will include passing the BOHS P401 qualification and the successful completion of a Quality Control check.
Main Responsibilities of role:
- Microscopic manipulation of small pieces of building materials such as insulation board to find microscopic fibres of asbestos. This activity is conducted in negative pressure, HEPA filtered safety cabinets, so that the trainee is not exposed to dangerous asbestos fibres.
- Once fibres have been discovered the trainee will be expected to use a polarised light microscope to identify the asbestos by changes in colour.
- The company has a computer based laboratory management system and the trainee will be expected to enter data into spreadsheets and databases.
- The Asbestos Bulk Trainee Analyst will ensure that the work station within the Asbestos Bulk Laboratory is adequately stocked with reagents and other consumables so that he or she can carry out the analysis to the specified test method.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Statutory legislation and will aspire to best working practice at all times.
Minimum requirements for this role:
- The candidate must have the ability to pass an approved colour blindness test, to allow them to be able to distinguish between different asbestos types.
- Be able to demonstrate good fine motor control for using a microscope.
- Be flexible and have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Have the ability to organise workload effectively.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail.
- Have a can do attitude to work.
- Having an interest in Science would be advantageous or having successfully passed science based GCSE or A Levels.